Monday, November 7, 2016

Dividend Kid Portfolio Update: October 2016

October is over and a new month is upon us. Outside of investing many exciting things are going on in my life. Right now, I am writing this post from a hotel room in downtown Chicago! Mrs. Dividend Kid is interviewing at Loyola Medical school tomorrow and we decided to experience the city for the weekend. With that the number of jobs I have applied for in Chicago has increased dramatically. United Airlines, Northrup Grumman, Abbot Labs, and quite a few more are all in my sights. The opportunity to live in the same city as my significant other and work for a fortune 500 company checks nearly all the boxes for me! Chicago is a new, exciting, and expensive place, but we look forward to the possibility of experiencing life in this city. 

With October over and my October purchases post out it only makes sense to post my full portfolio update as well! Posting overviews of my monthly purchases and portfolio updates are very important to me. It keeps me on track and forces me to back up everything I say with everything I do. These days it is too easy to preach one thing and practice another, I refuse to do that. 

Without further delay, here is the October edition of the Dividend Kid portfolio...



As of October I have officially hit $400.00 in total accumulated dividends! This was a great line to cross and I look forward to my next $400.00 and my first 1000.00 even more!

In the month of October I received $24.00 in dividends which was a dramatic drop from Septembers all time high of $40.00. Octobers $24.00 does mark another interesting amount though. $24.00 is the largest non quarter end dividend payout I have ever received. As you can see by the sharp increase in the light grey area chart my dividend payouts should continue increasing as does the value of my portfolio!

These charts are all updated and included in my portfolio page. If you liked this article make sure to let me know in the comments down below or give my blog page a follow! I love the dialogue I get with my readers and blog follows make sure you won't miss an update!

As you may have noticed I decided to change up my theme a little bit in this update. I feel like it gives me a little more of an identity and I hope you do too! 




How much in dividends did you make last month?


I am a 22 year old kid who seeks to create a life of financial independence via passive income. The accumulation and growth of quality dividend yielding stocks will be the main source of income and this is my journey.
_____

4 comments:

  1. Hey DK,
    Doing a great job keep it up! Reminds me of myself a few years ago when I first started.

    DM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When did you really start getting into dividends? I feel like I have a great opportunity with my age and commitment, but theres always something in the back of my head saying I should get into some ETF's as well for growth.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great charts man! In my profession we use this type of stuff all the time and it really is amazing how a picture is worth a thousand words. Very rewarding to see the growth.

    ReplyDelete